Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Aran from Cannelle et Vanille tagged me for a meme. I tried using Wikipedia to figure out what "meme" means. I found that entry rather indecipherable (and slightly hilarious).
Apparently i'm supposed to reveal some facts about myself. I prefer to focus on recipes, but I'll jump on this meme train and indulge you with some personal tidbits.
1) This is my favorite book. I almost bought it solely for the cover art. Another customer saw me pick it up and said "That book is amazing. You have to buy it." I think it's really beautiful.
2) I'm pretty frugal and try not to acquire more possessions than I can move myself. That said- there are certain items I'm willing to splurge on if I save a little: high quality bedding, japanese ceramics (or other fine china/earthenware), and nice stationery. Design Sponge gives me a lot of inspiration. I really treasure and use almost everything I own.
3) This is the first cookbook I ever used. I made a lot of chocolate chip cookies and brownies. Occasionally toad-in-the-hole (bread with an egg cooked in the middle).
4) I love going to sleep and waking up early. I really value my sleep; it's one of the highest things on my list of priorities. Sleep, exercise, and eating habits really affect my mood, so I try to keep them stable and maintain a certain amount of routine.
5) I really love costume dramas, especially if they make me cry. I've seen the new Pride and Prejudice five or six times. I love the costumes, the cinematography, the accents, the angst, the romance...Some of my current favorites include I Capture the Castle, Nicholas Nickelby, Daniel Deronda, Legends of the Fall, Jane Eyre, Mansfield Park, The Piano, Bleak House, Shakespeare in Love, Moll Flanders, The Remains of the Day, and many others.
6) I'm very punctual. I hate that many music and social events have an implied period of lateness. Ugh.
7) I'm smitten with Pittsburgh. Every time I exit the Fort Pitt tunnel and see the gorgeous view of the city, my heart catches in my throat. I have no desire to leave anytime soon (possibly ever).
at 2:42 PM