Monday, February 18, 2008

Brunch @ Dozen Bakeshop

I'm going to waive my usual two-photo limit to show you some lovely images from brunch at Dozen Bakeshop. This place is obviously a labor of love, and every time I see their ads on craigslist I wish I was still baking for a living. The bakeshop is brilliantly efficient; you order at the counter, refill your coffee, and bus your own tables, which really cuts back wait time.

I love that efficiency hasn't made the bakeshop any less friendly. Someone has an eye for detail- there are lovely decorative touches like vintage tins and milk containers, flowers, christmas lights, brightly colored napkins, exposed brick, and mismatched tables and chairs.

Brunch itself was delicious. We tried as much as we could stomach: beautifully presented, generous portions of quiche and baked french toast, cinnamon rolls, apple crumb cake, granola with fruit and yogurt...all the entrees came out at once, which was rather spectacular.

Best of all, everyone was hospitable. James walked around with a plate of brownies and offered every table a sample. This was also the first place i've recieved an enthusiastic response when I asked to take photos.

The pastries and entrees are familiar and well-executed. Some of the selections included cheesecakes, fruit crumbles, scones, cookies, brownies, cinnamon rolls, muffins, coffee cakes, and apple pie. They had a good selection of vegan options as well.

Dozen Bakeshop has only been open for a week or two, so I hope they continue to do well once the newness wears off. I wish them lots of success!

Brunch @ Dozen

Brunch @ Dozen

Brunch @ Dozen

Brunch @ Dozen

Brunch @ Dozen

Brunch @ Dozen

Brunch @ Dozen

Brunch @ Dozen

6 comments:

Cannelle Et Vanille said...

Beautiful, beautiful photos... I wish we had a good bakeshop like that around here. Many small businesses don't make it for some reason. But thank you for sharing these photos!

Gretchen Noelle said...

I always really love your photos so I am glad you passed the 2-photo limit. Looks like a lovely bakery!

Oye Cookie! said...

This place looks and sounds amazing! I with I was closer so I could visit and eat up all those yummy treats. Thanks for the great photos.

Jennifer
www.oyecookie.com

Anonymous said...

Isn't the place adorable. I was so excited when I first saw it, and I could barely decide what to eat... but it turns out we got almost the exact same photos!

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

I just discovered your blog and love it. I need your help. Can you email me what photo program your are using for your beautiful pictures and also what camera? I'm looking at buying a new camera and need information. Thanks in advance.

Poohmacat said...

Very yummy brunch today. Best quiche I have ever had anywhere!