Sunday, October 7, 2007

Banana Bread/Cake ala David Lebovitz.

Banana Chocolate Chip Cake

I made this recipe from David Lebovitz's blog. It's a little different than other banana bread recipes i've made: less butter, and some fromage blanc. It's a good snack cake.

I'm a little amused by the photo; it wasn't staged. I bought roses earlier in the day (only 5 bucks from the lady outside PNC) and the music was from cello practice. I don't have a music stand at the moment, so I invariably prop the music on tables, chairs, desks, random piles of junk.

I'm making almond/cherry bars and peanut butter brownies tonight so stay tuned. It's going to be a crazy week and I think i've been baking overtime to avoid thinking about it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw this on his blog too! I still haven't figured out what happened to the last banana bread that went all wrong, so am a little shy to try a new one again. Yours looks terrific...not staged at all.

Manggy said...

Oh that was *so* intentional... Haha, just kidding. I love the look of the cake.