Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Roasted Banana Ice Cream

Roasted Banana Ice Cream

I'm officially hooked on David Lebovitz's The Perfect Scoop.

So far, i've made the following flavors: salted butter caramel, turron, eggnog, honey-lavender, and roasted banana. I'm looking foward to trying green tea, panforte, gianduia, and many others!

I really love that this book introduces some flavors that are familiar, but different. I'd never think to make a roasted banana ice cream. This recipe was incredibly simple (no cream or egg yolks!) and bursting with flavor. I'd recommend smothering it with chocolate sauce or using it to make chocolate covered bon bons.

Honestly, the Turron ice cream stole my heart. I didn't take a photo because I ate it all. Turron is a spanish nougat often studded with toasted almonds, pistachios, and candied orange peel. David's recipe also adds honey, a touch of orange flower water, and orange zest. It is DIVINE. It reminded me of being in Sevilla.

Tonight is my senior cello recital. Think good thoughts for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I love to look at your gorgeous pictures! So delicious, thanks!