Thursday, April 19, 2007

David Lebovitz's "The Perfect Scoop"

Honey Lavender Ice Cream

My new ice cream maker is getting plenty of work. After trying several recipes by Alice Medrich and Emily Luchetti, i've moved on to David Lebovitz's new book The Perfect Scoop.

Let me tell you- David really knows his textures. I tried his recipes for Salted Butter Caramel Ice Cream and Honey Lavender Ice Cream. Both have a really silky, meltingly soft consistency that holds up in the freezer. I highly recommend the caramel ice cream (the recipe is available on his blog.)

I'm really looking foward to trying more flavors like Turron, Eggnog, and Hazelnut Stracciatella...

Anyway, both The Perfect Scoop and A Passion for Ice Cream are great. I don't even want to think about how much heavy cream i've been going through.

No comments: