Thursday, April 24, 2008

Green Tea Cookies w/ Cocoa Nibs

Almond Cookies w/ Matcha and Nibs

This recipe for Almond Sticks with Cocoa Nibs is one of my favorites. I sent a batch to my sister this week and made a second batch for myself. On a whim, I added a half tablespoon of matcha powder and cut the cookies smaller than usual. I loved the bright green color, but you couldn't really taste the green tea. It was very subtle.

On the bright side, I want to try more variations. I think citrus extract and zest, or instant espresso powder could be good.

My friend Dan recently tried the Foster's granola recipe, so I decided to make it again too.

Granola

It was more candy-like than I remembered, which isn't to say I don't like it. I just want to re-iterate that this granola is best eaten in small quantities. I like it for snacking and topping yogurt and desserts. Andy insists that it's wonderful with coffee ice cream.

I've also tried a few savory recipes lately: Molly Stevens's Braised Green Cabbage and James Beard's Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic. Both were quite good and easy to prepare.

I don't have any ambitious baking plans for the rest of the week; i'm doing some spring cleaning before I head to Los Angeles on Sunday.

6 comments:

Christine said...

Even if you could barely taste the green tea, the cookies look very pretty! I love the flecks of dark brown against the bright green. Cool!

Cannelle Et Vanille said...

Sounds like a nice recipe. I will have to go to the link you attached (haven't read it yet). Have fun in LA and I hope you get to try new sweet treats while you are there!

Anonymous said...

love the cookies! i am obsessed with anything green..like how you've presented it. it's been a long while since i had cookies. yum!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness - I love the color and idea of these cookies. Delicious!

Patricia Scarpin said...

The cookies look so delicate, Lisa. And I love the vibrant color, too, even though I have never tried green tea.

Helene said...

The cookies sound fantastic! Another one to try soon!