Wednesday, November 14, 2007

DSC01614

This is at a house show in Grand Rapids. Playing in a band is probably the most satisfying thing i'm doing right now. I loved spending the weekend on tour. Seeing four cities and meeting tons of people/musicians is a great way to get some perspective.

I never realized how many musicians make no money. You can have an album, critical acclaim, a loyal fanbase, and talent and still make nothing. There was a cool band from Baltimore at our show in Chicago, and by the time they went on the audience was nearly non-existent.

The trip was worth it though. We made enough to cover gas money. We ate good Indian food and visited a cool used bookstore. I met interesting people who lead incredibly different lives.

I promise there will be more food photos later. I have a cheesecake from Tish Boyle's The Cake Book chilling in the fridge.

No comments: