I am sick of chocolate. I am still baking with it.
In the past month i've done a good deal of what I call educational baking. Baking for the sake of learning something new- whether it's a technique, a flavor combination, or a cookbook author's style. Here's some of what i've tried:
1. Chocolate Bread from Tessa Kirios's Apples for Jam
2. Chocolate Caramels from Scharffenberger's The Essence of Chocolate
3. Chocolate Souffle Cakes from Sara Foster's Fresh Every Day
4. Sour Cream Chocolate Cake Cookies from Dorie Greenspan's Baking From my Home to Yours
5. Chocolate Wafers (can't remember the cookbook)
6. Milk Chocolate Walnut Bars from Tish Boyle's Chocolate passion
The only recipe i'd make again is #3. I've probably made it 5-6 times already. I wanted to revisit it because the ingredient quantities are similar to those listed for this Gateau de Zoe, though the techniques are slightly different. It's divine, and i'll blog about it eventually.
Large quantities of all the other recipes went in the garbage. I don't want to rant about why they were bad. I'll just say they weren't worth eating. Big time texture and flavor issues.