Monday, December 31, 2007

Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Bread

Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Bread

Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Bread

While I love brioche, I wanted to try a new bread for breakfast.

I decided on Raisin Swirl Bread from Baking From my Home to Yours because our next-door neighbor gave us a huge bag of raisins from a grower in Napa. They are the best raisins i've ever tasted and nearly three times the size of typical grocery store raisins.

I'm not sure I added enough flour; working with the dough was very difficult. Still, it felt right when I rolled it out to shape the loaf. Don't stint on the raisins and don't roll the dough too thin or your swirl won't be very pronounced.

I'll definitely make this bread again. It wasn't overly rich or sweet and i'm sure it would make some wicked french toast. I prefer to eat it lightly toasted, with a cup of coffee.

My dad liked the bread too. It's not the best photo, but he insisted I document his enthusiasm.

The loaf won't last the day.

No comments: