Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A Very Aromatic Brioche.

Almond Brioche

I'm a huge fan of Bostock: day old brioche brushed with syrup, slathered with almond cream, and baked to a crisp. Michel Richard is my favorite place to eat almond brioche, hands down.

I used Melissa's recipe for vanilla bean/brown butter brioche, and Clotilde's recipe for the almond cream.

I added some strawberries on a whim and was pleasantly surprised when they resulted in a very aromatic and delicious brioche. I am a huge fan of the strawberry/almond extract combination, and these bostock really played up those flavors. I highly recommend them with some coffee or a glass of orange juice.

Thanks for all the nice comments from newer readers. It's nice to know that people actually look at this blog.

2 comments:

Urban Epicurean said...

Oooh, that looks tantalizing!

I went to Pitt for undergrad so I'm somewhat familiar with your area. Are there any new bakeries or restaurants to hit Pittsburgh since 2004? I remember Mt. Washington and Shadyside being two hubs for local "hot spots". :)

Brilynn said...

That looks fantastic! A perfect use for stale brioche!