Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Snickerdoodles.

Snickerdoodles

According to Sherry Yard's The Secrets of Baking, Snickerdoodle was "a miniature hero who drove a peanut car and cut giant problems down to size. The pintsize champ was the nephew of Yankee Doodle and the cousin of Polly Wolly Doodle." Supposedly these cookies are named for him.

I always think my snickerdoodles are underbaked when I pull them out of the oven, but when they cool down they're perfect: slightly crisp on the outside but still quite chewy througout. Perfect for enjoying while taking a jaunt in your peanut car.

1 comment:

Kelly Anne said...

I agree with the "are these cooked?" feeling that comes along with taking snickerdoodles out of the oven. I overcooked a batch or two before getting it just right - yours look lovely.